One of our goals at Cornerstone of Recovery, Inc. is to provide a safe, therapeutic environment for patients to heal from addiction. Below is a list of guidelines to follow when packing for your stay with Cornerstone.
- Due to limited space, please limit what you bring to 2 normal size bags of luggage.
- Please know that items will be removed from your luggage and inspected individually.
- Bring a backpack or book bag to carry books and other personal belongings around campus.
- Bring comfortable clothes and shoes [Examples: t-shirts, jeans, sweats, khaki pants, etc.] You will need a set of loose fitting gym clothes and a pair of tennis shoes for fitness activities. Each item of clothing will be inspected, and staff will scrutinize for appropriateness. No clothing items that have drug references, alcohol advertisements or sexual innuendo will be allowed. There are washers and dryers available to patients free of charge, and we provide detergent. If you need special detergent for sensitive skin, please bring it with you.
- Please bring your insurance card, prescription card, and ID. Cornerstone will need to copy these on your arrival.
- Limit jewelry to what you wear daily and leave valuables at home.
- Personal items such as toiletries will also be inspected. Please refer to the list of items that are not allowed in treatment for restrictions.
- Linens and towels are provided, however you are welcome to bring your own pillow. Cornerstone provides 3 meals a day and snacks to patients while in treatment.
- Bring a 30-day supply of all medications currently prescribed and any OTC medications you are currently taking. All prescriptions must be in their original pharmacy bottles. Medications (including dietary supplements) will be given to nursing for evaluation. If our staff deem these appropriate, you will be able to continue taking these while in treatment (will be administered by nursing staff).
- Clock radios that do not include a CD or tape player.
- Hair dryers are permitted.
- Cornerstone permits the use of tobacco in designated areas outside the building. You must bring your own cigarettes/snuff.
- You will need very little personal spending money while at Cornerstone. All of your basic needs will be taken care of. Patient’s do participate in 12-Step meetings and a donation basket is passed at these meetings (the typical donation amount is $1). Items that you might want to purchase would be sodas or snacks, personal hygiene items, tobacco products etc. Please limit the amount of money that you bring to treatment for these items.
- Phone cards for personal telephone calls are needed for long-distance calls.
- A credit card to have on file or $200 cash deposit for non-treatment related medicine, co-pays or other incidentals.
The list below are items that are not permitted while in treatment at Cornerstone, and if brought, they will be confiscated appropriately:
- Cologne or perfume
- Mouthwash is not allowed, unless it is alcohol free (examples of allowable mouthwash: Smart Mouth Alcohol-Free Mouthwash, Listermint Alcohol Free Mouth Wash or Act Alcohol Free Ant cavity Fluoride Rinse)
- Aerosol cans; hair spray and in a pump container is allowed
- Products with alcohol listed in the first 5 ingredients are not permitted. Allowable forms are cetyl alcohol, cetearyl alcohol and denatured alcohol which cannot be consumed and are typically found in conditioners, deodorants, and lotions.
- Any items that do not show proof of content on the label are not permitted
- Reading material that is not spiritual in nature (Bible, Koran, etc.) or recovery-related
- Condoms, sexual devices or enhancement medications are not permitted
- Inappropriate pictures or pornography are not permitted
- Drug or alcohol paraphernalia is not permitted
- Electronic devices such as gambling games, handheld games of any brand or kind, cellphones/PDAs/smart-phones, mp3 players, disc players, walkmans and personal laptop/netbook computers
- Cameras (digital or film)
Please be aware that Cornerstone of Recovery, Inc. is not held liable for lost, broken or stolen items.