Rehab & Recovery Programs Overview
WHO WE ARE
Cornerstone of Recovery is a fully licensed substance abuse and co-occurring disorder treatment center accredited by the Joint Commission. We are a group of experienced and caring professionals who have a passion for helping addicts, alcoholics, and their families. We understand addiction because we understand recovery.
- Chief Clinical Officer, Scott Anderson, Ph.D.
- Chief of Medical Services, Fred Wenger, D.O.
- Chief of Psychiatric Services, Lane M. Cook, M.D.
- Physician’s Assistant, Jonathan Kamar, P.A.
- Director of Nursing, Travis Pyle, R.N.
- Director of Assessment & Orientation, Sue Orr, M.A.
- Neuropsychology Consultant, Peter Young, Ph.D.
- Director of Extended Care, Julie Hamlin, LCSW
- Recovery Monitoring & Veterans Services Program Director, Rod Jackson, MSSW
WHAT WE DO AND HOW WE DO IT
We treat addiction and co-occurring disorders, and offer customized programs and services to create an individualized treatment plan for every patient.
5 DAY EVALUATIONS
Assessments Used in the 5 Day Evaluation Process
Substance Abuse Screening Inventories
- Addiction Severity Index (ASI)Drug Use Disorder Identification Test (DUDIT)
- Alcohol Use Disorder Identification Test (AUDIT)
- Alcohol Dependency Scale (ADS)
- Substance Abuse Subtle Screening Inventory – 3 (SASSI-3)
- Multimodal Life History Inventory
- Young Schema Questionnaire (YSQ – L3)
- Rorschach Inkblot Test
- Mental Status Exam (MMSE)
- Mindfulness Measures (MAAS, TMS-C, TMS-D)
- Five Facet Mindfulness Questionnaire (FFMQ)
- Stuart Lab Violence Assessment (SLVA)
- Personality Assessment Inventory (PAI)
- Psychiatric Diagnostic Screening Questionnaire (PDSQ)
- Structured Clinical Interview for DSM – IV (SCID)
- Personality Diagnostic Questionnaire (PDQ-4)
- Mood Disorder Questionnaire
- ADD/ADHD Battery
- Emotional Regulation (includes DAS)
- Emotional Identification & Emotional Bias
- WebNeuro – Cognitive Assessments
- WISC (as needed)
General Screening Tools
- Gambling Assessment
- Home Environment Toxicity
- Sexual Addiction Screening Test – Revised (SAST-R)
- World Health Organization Quality of Life (WHOQOL)
- Daily Spiritual Experience Scale (DSES)
- Acceptance and Action Questionnaire (AAQ-II)
- Columbia Suicide Severity Rating Scale (C-SSRS)
Behavioral Observation and Psychiatric Evaluation
- Psychological Evaluation
- Medical Observation
- Various Clinical Interviews
- Collaborative Information
- Pharmacy Records
- Interviews with Family Members/Friends
- Interviews with Supervisor and Coworker (if necessary)
- Urine, Hair and Nail Drug Screen
- Background Check
On-site computer-administered and scored cognitive-screening instrument designed to rapidly assess deficits or changes in attention, immediate- and short-term memory, visual perceptual functions, sequencing functions, logical problem solving, calculation skills, reaction time, simultaneous information processing abilities, and executive functions. This is often used for aviation, pharmaceutical, and industrial applications.
When needed, we provide Intervention Services to help a person make the sometimes difficult decision to choose treatment. And once in treatment, we provide compassionate encouragement when a patient, in the very difficult early stages of recovery, struggles.
Cornerstone of Recovery offers comprehensive programming from Medical Observation and Detoxification through 18 months of post-discharge Continuous Care.
Assessment and Orientation Unit (A&O)
The A&O Unit arranges the initial Intake for all patients. This department coordinates all of the evaluations and assessments, along with orienting all patients to Cornerstone’s services and programs.
Medical Observation and Detoxification
1-7 Days (depending on necessity)
24 Hour Monitoring by a Licensed Nursing Staff
Residential Programs (with Extended Care IOP Available)
- Adult Residential Program (ARP); Average Stay 28-35 Days
- Young Adult (YA) Residential Program; Average Stay 28-35 Days, Ages 18-25
- Relapse Recovery (RR) Residential Program; Average Stay 28-35 Days
Intensive Outpatient & Extended Care Programs
- Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP); 8 Weeks; Four Days per Week, 3 Hours per Day, 32 Sessions
- Support Living Facility (SLF); Housing provided for patients in IOP. Typical length of stay varies from 2-6 months. Patient can continue to live in SLF on a monthly basis after the completion of IOP.
Specialty Tracks and Groups
- Aviation Professionals Program
- Professionals Program – (Licensed Healthcare Professionals & Attorneys)
- Railroad Program
- Veterans Group
- Non-Narcotic Pain Management Group
- Relationship Issues Group (Gender Specific)
Core Treatment Components
Cornerstone of Recovery is an Abstinence Based 12 Step Treatment Program. In addition, we use State-of-the-Art Evidence-Based Treatment Modalities in patient care.
- Schema-Focused Cognitive Therapy
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- Cognitive Processing Therapy (CPT) for PTSD
- Eye Movement Desensitization & Reprocessing (EMDR) for Trauma & PTSD
- Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) Program
- Suicide Prevention Training for all Staff
- Family Therapy Sessions for all patients in all programs
- Three-day Family Fundamentals Weekend Program held 3 weekends per month
- Interactive Educational Lectures (Disease, Concept of Addiction, Family Roles, Codependency, Spirituality, Schemas)
- Multi-Family Group Therapy
- Al-Anon & AA/NA Introduction for Family Members
- Tuesday Evening Family Support Group
- Wednesday Evening Parents in Empowered Recovery (PIER) Support Group
Group Therapy, Process/Presentation Groups, Education, & Support
- Group Therapy & Process Groups for Assignments
- Schema Therapy – Schemas are maladaptive emotional and cognitive patterns developed during childhood and repeated throughout life
- 12 Step Work & 12 Step Recovery Presentation Groups
- Relationship Groups
- Men’s & Women’s Groups
- Psycho-Education Groups to include: Addiction Education, Family Communication & Family Patterns, Coping Skills, Relapse Prevention, and Various Other Topics
- Weekly Assignment Review Group
- Comprehensive Discharge Plan
Aftercare, 12 Step, AA, NA, & other Support Groups
- Aftercare Groups
- 12 Step AA & NA Meetings
- Daily Staff Transport of Patients to Local 12 Step AA & NA Meetings
- AA & NA Book Studies & Step Study Groups
- Thursday 4-5 p.m. LGBTQ Community Support Group
Railroad Rehab & Recovery Program